GeoNetwork opensource is a catalog allowing visitors to search and discover spatial information. Visitors are can the included map viewer to preview datasets interactively.
GeoNetwork provides the tools to managing spatially referenced resources including record editing.
The project is based on Open Standards both for data management, and interoperability between systems.
- Immediate search access to local and distributed geospatial catalogues
- Up and downloading of data, graphics, documents, pdf files and any other content type
- An interactive Web Map Viewer to combine Web Map Services from distributed servers around the world
- Recently updated entries are accessible as RSS news feeds and as GeoRSS.
- Online editing of metadata with a powerful template system
- Native support for ISO19115/ISO19119/ISO19139/ISO19110 and Dublin Core formatted metadata
- Scheduled harvesting and synchronization of metadata between distributed catalogues (GeoNetwork, CSW, OGC WxS GetCapabilities, WebDav, ArcSDE, Thredds, OGC WFS Features, OAI-PMH)
- Fine-grained access control
- Group and user management
- Multi-lingual user interface